The Secretariat of the AfIGF is hosted by the AUC in its Addis Ababa Headquarters, in Ethiopia. The Forum's website is on http://afigf.org/. The 5th AfIGF conference will be jointly organized by AUC and ECA.
Main Objectives of AfIGF
AfIGF aims to be a platform for an inclusive multilateral, multi-stakeholder and multilingual discussion on issues pertinent to the Internet in Africa in general and Internet Governance issues in particular. Specific objectives include:
- To increase awareness and build capacity on Internet Governance for African users to ensure that all stakeholders are well prepared for contribution and interaction.
- To ensure that the concerns of Africa are taken into account in the IGF process.
- To put in place a coordinated African process for dealing with Internet governance issues on the continent.
- To strengthen the multi-stakeholder dialogue model for Internet Governance in Africa through regional and national forums.
- To ensure a multi-stakeholder representation of all parts of the continent.
- To ensure that all the countries are part of the regional processes and launch/strengthen their national processes.
- To facilitate national and regional exchanges and interactions between countries and regions in continent.
- To facilitate the participation of African stakeholders in AfIGF and other appropriate regional and national Internet Governance Forums.
- To promote access to information and knowledge.
- To promote content development and use of African languages in the cyberspace.
The AfIGF Bureau
The AfIGF bureau is composed of the 5 current conveners of the regional IGF or their designates.